- Credit card payments can be accepted only if the payment IS NOT PAST DUE. If your payment will be made after the due date, please contact the Clerk at 863-534-4446 or visit the Clerk's Office listed on the citation for assistance.
- If you have previously plead NOT GUILTY, or you have previously appeared before the Court for a ticket you wish to pay, you are not eligible to elect the Driver Improvement School Option.
- If you are eligible and do elect the Driver Improvement School option, you may click here for a list of statewide traffic school providers approved by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. To find an approved traffic school in your area, you may also refer to your local phone directory or Internet search engine.
- If you have a commercial driver’s license, you are not eligible to attend a defensive driving school to avoid points being assessed. Laws governing driving school attendance change periodically. If you are uncertain,
***CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE HERE***
We have five options available to our customers for payment of traffic tickets:
1. You can call 1-877-716-1781 and pay by CREDIT CARD by calling the Polk County automated Traffic Citation payment System sponsored by FIS. This service allows you to pay your fine over the telephone on a traffic citation received in Polk County, Florida.
2. You can PAY NOW with your CREDIT CARD.
This service requires you to enter your citation number as it appears on the citation (such as ####-AAA). If the citation has a four number-three alpha format, do not include the additional number after the citation since the last digit is the check-digit and not part of the actual citation number.
Enter the Date of Birth as MMDDYYYY. Do not enter the date of birth with hyphens or slashes between month/day/year.
3. You can make your payment by mail using the traffic envelope provided by the officer OR mail to:
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Polk County, Florida
PO Box 9000, Drawer CC-10
Bartow, FL 33831-9000
Payments by mail must be received by the due date to avoid late fees and suspension of your driver's license.
4. You can pay in person by coming to the office of Stacy Butterfield, Clerk of the Circuit Court Polk County, Florida at one of the following locations:
255 N. Broadway Ave. Bartow, FL 33830
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Lakeland Branch Courthouse
930 E. Parker St. Room 240
Lakeland, FL 33801
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Winter Haven and Haines City Branches
Northeast Polk County Government Center
3425 Lake Alfred Road 7 Gill Jones Plaza
Winter Haven, Fl 33881 (863) 401-2400
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
5. Traffic fine payments can now be made at any of Amscot’s 174 branches, located in 15 counties. Amscot has 12 branches in Polk County, to include Bartow, Winter Haven, Lake Wales, Auburndale, Lakeland and Haines City. Two 24-hour locations are available, at 111 Cypress Garden Boulevard in Winter Haven and at 614 E. Memorial Boulevard in Lakeland.
Customers need only to bring in their payments and a record of their traffic infraction. Amscot charges a $2.50 convenience fee for the service. Amscot collects and aggregates the funds and automatically transfers them into the Clerk of Court’s accounts.